There's light at the end of the tunnel...
Link to the most up to date travel info
Border wait times: www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/bwt-taf/menu-eng.html
May 11.2022 PDF summary
October 1.2022 ALL RESTRICTIONS/TEST REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN LIFTED
March 16.2022 Update - Dropping Pre-Entry Test Requirement
Federal government to end pre-arrival COVID testing for travellers entering Canada. Random testing of arrivals will continue to track emergence of new COVID-19 variants.
Starting Feb 28 | 2022
Recent announcement from Ottawa with changes to entry requirements.
Starting Aug 9 | 2021
US Citizens and residents may travel to Canada (starting Aug 9) as visitors if they meet the requirements for the "FULLY VACCINATED EXEMPTION"
Here's what we know:
- MUST be fully vaccinated (Pizer, Moderna, Janseen/J&J) for at least 14 days before you arrive in Canada
- Submit a negative PCR/molecular COVID test
- Be asymptomatic
- Use the ARRIVECAN app or desktop to submit your records: vaccine info, test results, quarantine plan (this can only be done 72 hrs before your trip)
- Make sure you BRING you records WITH YOU (vaccine card & test results) - just in case
- Be prepared for a possible random rapid test at the Canadian port of entry. IF your result is +ve, you can either return home or use KABEELO for your quarantine plan
- Children under 12 do not need to be vaccinated
Children or dependents who are NOT FULLY VACCINATED: Waiting for further verification of requirements.
Official announcement (July 19, 2021): easing border restrictions